Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No More Weeks Off

For a month or so I decided it was a good idea to do a hard week and than a week off. This actually was not a good idea, because during the weeks off I got full of energy that I needed to let out and I couldn’t. The hard weeks were good since I rested so long.

Recently in the last 3 weeks, I had a 20 mile week and than 2.1 mile with yoga week. I was going to have more, but was called into work. Also, I signed up for a 5k race for this past Sunday, but took a trip to the Wilderness at the Smokies randomly. Had a blast and got to see my Navy Man.

Yesterday, I became stressed and decided to go run. I planned on a 3 mile run sinceI ate so unhealthy this past weekend and the lack of sleep I received. I ended up running 9 miles. The first 3 miles felt good, but running into 2 pairs of friends at different points I had breaks in my run. The 2nd 3 miles I ran it straight through and pulled out in about 30 minutes. The last 3 miles the runners high couldn’t carry me anymore. I enjoyed it and my endurance did fine, but my knees, hips, and the bottom of my feet made me walk to give them a break.
Great start of the week. Hope tomorrow is strong too.

No comments:

Post a Comment