Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I See a Beautiful Day When Others Do Not

Low 50s and light showers greeted me on the day I finally deemed myself ready to start running again, safely. Plus, this week is inventory so I am working more hours. After my shift today my ankle was sore and my muscles ached from standing so long.

I decided to suit up still and go run outside on my hill course. My limit was just one time through, which is 2 miles. The reason behind this was to make sure not to over do it and get sick again.

I am glad I did, because with being outside again felt great and wasn't too hot or cold. The light breeze and drizzle made it fun. The birds reminded me that spring is on its way.

My muscles and breathing went into automatic pilot and the first slight incline that usually gives me trouble was easy and smooth. I thought that was a bad sign. Expected to crash before the even one mile was up. I was wrong. The whole 2 miles were strong and smooth. I felt amazing. I touch of sickness was in my stomach and I was a little dizzy so I stuck to my limit.

I ran the course in 21 minutes. My fastest time is about 20 minutes and my average is 25. I am back and stronger than I figured.

No comments:

Post a Comment