Wednesday, March 31, 2010

17 Days

The half marathon's date is in 17 days (not including today). So, far in my training I ran 10 miles without stopping on a fairly flat course and yesterday I ran 9 miles on a hilly course.

I ran 3 5ks with breaks to stretch, drink water, and eat parts of a banana. It was the warmest weather I have ran in since last summer. The pollen and warmth made it interesting. I adored the blossoms that were occurring though and a light breeze. Also, along with all that the bustle and atmosphere changes in the neighborhoods I run in.

One gentleman kept riding his bike in front of me doing many tricks, which were impressive. Another group of boys were riding too and did small tricks like riding without hands near me. This of course tickled me.

There was a dog who barks at me every time I passed (Monday 5k run and yesterdays run) and I finally asked if he just didn't like people. The owner told me he didn't like people running. Next time I passed I walked and the dog was fine.

Another dog wanted to scare me, but the dog was all head and barely off the ground. Tiny tiny tiny toy looking dog. The last dog was a golden retriever with a tiny child attached to it. The dog could easily walk her instead of her walking it. When I ran passed them I heard her trailing behind me. I found that adorable.

Also, since my last post I ran a 5k race (that T.I. ran) and it was my 4th race. Its my 2nd with hills. 2 (1 flat and 1 hilly) I did not run the whole thing and 2 (1 flat and 1 hilly) I ran straight through.

Heading out to do pilates and next race will happen this Saturday. Its a 4.5 mile trail run.

No comments:

Post a Comment