Monday, December 7, 2009

My Birthday:

    It's my 7th month of my new hobby of running and I started working a job and having two other jobs, which were on an on call system. Plus, two volunteer jobs. This was when morning runs came important and they happened every other day, unless I had two days open and two days of work. Even sometimes afternoons had to be used. If it rained though I took a day off, because I did not want to use the treadmill yet since I felt so dizzy when I used it.

    October 4th, 2009 was my 23rd birthday and I could now run 2 miles straight in the neighborhood next door to me. For my birthday my mom gave me, The Complete Book of Running for Women: Everything You Need to Know About Training, Nutrition, Injury Prevention, Motivation, Racing, and Much, Much More by Claire Kowalchick. Read it girls!

    This book taught me that I did not have to cut out sugars. My body will shape itself the way it needs to be for optimum results in running. Plus, I learnt that I will stop the sweets and sleep better on my own, because of my training. From this point I used the Wii Fit for my strength training and work on my flexibility with its yoga system.

No comments:

Post a Comment