Friday, January 8, 2010

What Inspires Me

This week so far I have worked about 20 hours and will finish off the week with about 27 hours. I also went to visit a friend who lives about 2 hours away from me on Wednesday and Thursday.

Tuesday night I watched the Biggest Loser, which in the end is very inspiring for me, on their first night on the ranch they were told to bike a marathon distance and each player does half the work. I made a remark that it shouldn't be that hard. To prove my point the next morning I woke up and got on the bike. Right before an hour hit I was at 16 miles. I decided to get off and get ready for my busy day of traveling. Never say something looks easy unless you have done it or are willing to try it. I had a piece of humble pie and admiration for those contestants who did it because I still had about 10 miles left.

Another factor that has inspired me with my journey has been this amazing new guy in my life who is in the Navy. He is challenging himself to be the best he can be through getting through the rigorous training of the Navy Seal. The one thing that gives me a push is his want to do better and not just get through it. He is stronger and faster than he wants to believe, but yet sets goals and goes for them with little fear. That makes me blessed to know such a person with such caliber, but it helps me do the same. Thanks my Navy man.

On that topic today I decided to shoot for 6 miles, which would be the second time I have accomplished the 10k. I was not worried about time when I had this idea. While, I started I thought I was not going to do it. I ended up pushing through and also getting fire in my spirit. I accomplished it and my 5k was 5 minutes faster than my average time on the tredmill and my 10k was 5 minutes faster than my first try. In the time I did my first 10k I was 300 meters past my goal.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment