Saturday, January 23, 2010

Party like a Rock Star

This week was full of first experiences that all turned out making me feel great in the end!

  1. I learned I could do tempo runs on 5.5 instead of 5 on the treadmill. Use to I would do only minute intervals on 5.5 at the end of the 5 mph interval.
  2. Ran in the pouring rain for 4 miles.
  3. Ran without music.
  4. Ran 7 miles in one day (4 in the a.m. and 3 in the p.m.).
  5. Learned 3 new balance/ core exercises.
  6. Learned 3 new yoga positions.
  7. Ran on 6 mph for 30 seconds at the end of 5.5 intervals.
  8. Ran more than 11 miles in a week. Actually ran 16 miles instead of my goal of 15.


 

I accomplished this with working 26.5 hours at my retail job and 4 hours subbing at a pre-school. Also, I went bowling yesterday and bowled 5 games. My average was 157.2 with my lowest being 142 and highest 180. I feel very strong and ready for my next week like this.


 

If my week of training can leave me feeling like this; I can't wait for the feeling after my next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment