Saturday, January 2, 2010

Getting Back on Track

Today in about 34 degrees that dropped to about 32 degrees which it felt like in the mid 20s I ran a 4 miler. I could see my breath during the whole run. Sunny and clear skies can lead to deception. Looks like a warm spring day, but in reality it is a crisp winter day. I had to wait until about 2:30 pm to run so it would be at the warmest. Geared up in my Under Armor cold gear pants and shirt, my Asics all weather jacket (that helps with wind, rain, and snow), my Addida's running shorts, my Thorlos socks, my 1063s, my Ironman Timex watch, and Ionic wrist band thinking I would stay warm. I did, except I wished I had gloves on and a face mask because my nose and ears were frozen. I enjoyed seeing the Robins out looking more beautiful than ever and during my run two women said I made it look warm than they noticed my rosy face. It made me smile.

In the end I am getting back in my groove from that 2 week break because of the cold. I feel so alive on these runs and strong. Also, after that I did a light strength training session to warm up to my normal work out. Eventually I will be back and going towards my goals of a 10-k soon and eventually a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment