Monday, October 18, 2010

Running like a Dog

This morning I was debating skipping another day of running. I almost did, but decided it would make me feel better. As I was preparing to go run I was going to do my 2 mile course and that was it. Than I remembered that my mp3 player was in my jeep. This lead me to go to my 3 mile course instead.

As I ran I felt amazing in the crisp warming fall morning. Within my first mile, where I use to warm up, two dogs started chasing me. They didn't frighten me since they barely came up to my ankles. I started to sprint and they stayed right with me and I pushed myself. I started to laugh and had sheer pleasure at the feeling I was feeling. That feeling was strong.

I kept my pace at a minute faster than usual, at least. I started the course about 100 meters further back than normally. I finished it in 26 minutes! The dogs taught me I could pick up my pace and sprint at different times and it feels great to play.

Getting home I hopped on my bike since my front tire was re-blown up, which is good since it went flat a couple a days before. I road through the woods, dirt roads, and two neighborhoods near my home. 6 miles later I finished and did strength training for my upper body.

What a great day of Play!

No comments:

Post a Comment