Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ironman at Kona

During these past two weeks I have accomplished running 7.3 miles after the half marathon race I ran. I strength trained at least three times, plus pilates once and also biked 15.69 miles since I finally broke down and purchased a mountain bike.

Along with this activity being back in my life I got to view the beginning and the end of the Ironman at Kona. I had to work, but I got to see Mirinda Carfrae finish for her world championship placement.

I will never get why I cry when I watch anything about the Ironman, but I do. I believe it makes me excited and inspired. Going with this feeling I am re-vamping my goals. I am moving the marathon back to whenever I feel I am ready, which to be honest I can not put a date on.

Running a half marathon without stopping or in 2 hours I am hoping to accomplish before or in about an year.

I believe this is attainable no matter what my training allows, because the more comfortable I become with the distance and the race itself I seem to improve each time.

Still waiting for my home gym to be finished and hoping it is soon since the winter is going to roll in soon and the sun will not rise early enough for me. With the tredmill I am going to train myself to just run 2 hours straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment