Monday, May 24, 2010

No Walls

On Monday I went out to run. About a mile and a half I got sick in the stomach and dizzy. This is the worse I ever felt it. I decided to stop and go to a friends house to cool down and get water/a banana.

I was nervous to run and finally decided to get myself up early and run on Saturday morning. My course in the neighborhood, 5k distance, was expanded by a neighborhood next door to it. My course became a 10k once through.

I ran a 10k straight through in abot 56 minutes. Than the only reason I stoped was for water to make sure I didn't get dehydrated. The last 10k felt great. I hit mile 8.5 and my mantra became "no wall, no wall!" It worked with the adding of the gu in moderation through out the rest of the miles. I ran all of it until I hit mile 11.5. I finished this distance in an hour and 52 minutes!

I enjoyed the course, because the first half is a neighborhood that is full of life and people. Plenty of distractions. The second half is empty since its not open yet. This is when I can become connected with myself and my surroundings.

Meditation is what I do when I run. Its my relaxion and my way to work things out. For example I woke this morning to stressful news. Before I went to work I went for a 2 mile run. What a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment