Saturday, May 29, 2010

Its All Mental

This week I accomplished 25.5 miles. I finally tapped into the power of waking up and running. I ran 2 miles Monday out of stress relief before a long day.

On Thursday I was off work so I decided to run my long run early. I ended up doing 3 miles, because I haven't yet bought hammer gels for the endurance.

Friday I tried again. In 3 hours I accomplished 6 miles. The reason it took so long was because I ran into two adorble boys who I subbed in pre-school who talked my ear off. Than I ran into a fellow runner who I ended up chatting with and hopefully set up a swimming routine with.

Today, Saturday, I woke up at 6:30 am and started running at 7:50 am. My muscles did not wake up unitl after the 1st 5k. I enjoyed the high 60s, muggy feel, overcast, and wind that accompanied me through out my run. During my frist 5k I saw 1 out of 4 of sisters that are my friends. During the 2nd round I saw the other (running with her for her first 5k race on Memorial Day. I am EXCITED for her!). On my 6 through 9 lap the youngest of them joined me for a little while.

During this lap my mp3 player died. I ran the last 1.5 miles without music. I swtiched to my iTouch for my 9 to 12 lap. I started running and couldn't get it on. I ended up running about 3 miles all together without music and loved it!

Facing my fear (after telling my friend that passing over mental blocks is key to running) I went out to run/walk the last lap to make it my first 15 mile run and I finished. I felt strong and at ease. I ran it in 2 hour and 28 minutes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment