Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Training Plan

On Wednesday I ran a 26 minute 5k on my training hill course, which I believed was a good indicator for breaking my PR on today's race. The Boulder Dash attracted 1800 runners and walkers. Also, at the finish line my parents said there wasn't a lead pack and then the rest of the runners. Once the first two came in, one man than woman, it was non-stop.

My "pacing partner," ripped up the quarry with a time of 26:07. I finished in 29:00 with that being 9 seconds off my PR. Funny part is I thought the timer was reading 23 minutes and I sprinted to the end as usual and as I did this the man on the microphone announced "oh, we have a sprinter. Please be careful! Slow down!" I didn't and ended up going in the male lane.

My two cousins ran the race too and it was their first race. They finished in 33:22, which is super impressive and I am so proud of them! With the humidity and the mud plus gravel made the running surface soft that made this course a mild level of intensity.

Another cousin walked it and I am proud of her too. She hopes to run it with us next year.

From this race and others I have notice that my body has trouble waking up and warming up at these races. For a 5k I have no time to warm up in the race. I just need to be in pace and speed up. My new training plan for now is waking up at sunrise, before work, and running 2 miles. It doesn't matter the time as long as its around 20 minutes or so to teach my body to enjoy early runs. Than the afternoon I will do my quality work outs still. After my body gets use to it with waking, eating, and drinking tea than go run I will add speed training to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment